Low Cost Spay-Neuter Programs
in the Chicago Area
The United States faces a pet overpopulation crisis as millions of animals are killed each year because there are not enough good homes for them. Taxpayers across the country bear the cost of picking up, housing, and eventually killing these cats and dogs. Chicago has a severe pet overpopulation problem that results in many healthy animals being euthanized for lack of homes. There is a solution to this tragedy in which everyone can participate. By spaying or neutering companion animals, we can end these unwanted births and reduce the needless suffering that homeless animals endure. Be a part of the solution, not the problem. PLEASE HAVE YOUR PETS SPAYED AND NEUTERED.
Please contact these organizations directly for current prices and programs.
Anti-Cruelty Society Low Cost Clinic
157 W. Grand Ave. Chicago, IL 60610
312-644-8338 ext. 347 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- $30 – Male or Female Cat
- FREE – Feral Cat
- $130 - Male or Female Dog (except pit bull and pit bull mixes)
- $60 – Pit Bull and Pit Bull Mix Dogs
If you are unable to afford even this modest charge, please refer to the Charity Veterinary Clinic page for information to qualify for this program.
Click here for all of the details on how to schedule surgery.
PAWS Chicago Lurie Family Spay/Neuter Clinic
3516 W. 26th Street
Chicago, IL 60623
Free and Low Cost Services (All services are by appointment only)
Free spay/neuter surgery for Feral/Outdoor cats
Low-cost spay/neuter surgery for residents in our ten targeted zip codes: 60609, 60617, 60619, 60620, 60621, 60628, 60629, 60636, 60639, 60651
Call 773-521-SPAY (7729) to make an appointment. All services are by appointment only.
- Spay/neuter surgery for dogs, puppies $175
- Spay/neuter surgery for Pit Bull dogs, puppies $125
- Low-cost spay/neuter surgery for dogs, puppies for individuals with Medical Card who reside outside of Chicago $100
- Residents of targeted ZIP codes with Medical Card (see above) $25
- Spay/neuter surgery for cats, kittens for Chicago Residents $50
- Spay/neuter surgery for cats, kittens for Suburban Residents $60
- Low-cost spay/neuter surgery for cats, kittens for individuals with Medical Card who reside outside of Chicago $60
- Residents of targeted ZIP codes with Medical Card (see above) $10
Spay/Neuter is free. Package price includes eartipping, Rabies vaccination, Distemper vaccination, dewormer shot, Revolution application, and cleaning of ears and wounds.
- $40 per cat when trappers are city of Chicago residents
- $65 per cat when trappers are Illinois residents
- Click here for PAWS Feral Cat Program Info
Check pawschicago.org for all information and pricing on vaccinations and other low cost veterinary procedures.
Anderson Animal Shelter Low Cost Spay/Neuter Program
The spay/neuter clinic is in the process of expanding to better accommodate the needs of our community. In the meantime, we have partnered with Spay Illinois to ensure accessibility of spay/neuter services.
If you are interested in having your dog or cat spayed or neutered, you may contact Spay Illinois directly to schedule your appointment. Please note that Spay Illinois will only spay/neuter dogs under 100 pounds.
Animal Welfare League
6224 S. Wabash
Chicago, IL 60637
10305 Southwest Highway
Chicago Ridge, IL
See current pricing at this page: http://www.animalwelfareleague.com/programs-services/vet-clinic/
Shots with the surgery will cost and additional fee, please contact AWL for details. The clinic offers spay and neuter for any healthy cat or dog. Pets not adopted from the AWL must be at least 5 months old and current on rabies, bordatella and two sets of distemper vaccines. By appointment only.
Please contact the organizations listed above for the most up to date information on their programs.
updated May 2018