Community Animal Rescue Effort (C.A.R.E.™ )
C.A.R.E. Publicity Director
C.A.R.E.’s new Adoption Center opens to the public on Saturday, August 4, with a ribbon-cutting at noon, followed by building tours, snacks, photos with our mascot, and more.
July 2018/ SKOKIE, IL – Community Animal Rescue Effort, an all-volunteer run organization for more than 30 years, is pleased to announced the opening of its new Adoption Center in Skokie at 4927 Main Street, Skokie, Ill.
C.A.R.E.’s official Community Grand Opening will take place on Saturday, August 4, from 12 pm to 3 pm. The event will start with a ribbon-cutting at noon, followed by building tours, opportunities to learn about volunteering, face-painting for kids, refreshments, and more.
The brick building, on the corner of Main Street and Niles Center Road, is more than 100 years old. In its new life as an animal rescue facility, C.A.R.E. will be able to host up to 30 cats and 20 dogs.
Highlights of the building include:
- spacious cat enclosures, designed for group living, called ‘catios’
- a ‘real life’ room for dogs or cats to spend time in during office hours
- three adoption rooms, where potential adopters can meet future pets
- two shaded, enclosed dog runs, ideal for dog play time and bad weather
- a canine training space
- community room that will be used for events, outreach and as a gathering space
- a nearly 60-foot-long mural of frolicking cats and dogs by local artist Jay Ryan, owner of The Bird Machine print shop in Skokie
- a wellness room
- hot water system boosted by solar panels
C.A.R.E. looks forward to welcome everyone to our new Adoption Center on Saturday, August 4, at noon.
ABOUT C.A.R.E. --- Community Animal Rescue Effort is an all-volunteer, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) animal rescue organization founded in 1987. C.A.R.E.’s mission is to place companion pets into safe, healthy, lifelong homes; and serve as an educational and counseling resource. CAREnorthshore.org # # #